The results of the Victoria Police Entrance Exam are used by Victoria Police (“Vicpol”) for their selection process with the aim of providing comparative information on candidates’ abilities across a number of generic skills (“the Aim”). In the course of your registering for and participating in the Victoria Police Entrance Exam, The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 398 145) (“ACER”) may collect your personal information. Personal information is that information or opinion that tends to identify a particular individual such as name and date of birth.
ACER will only collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of administering and reporting on the Victoria Police Entrance Exam (“the Purpose”).
If you do not provide your personal information you may not be able to participate in the Victoria Police Entrance Exam.
ACER, in pursuing the Purpose, may collect your sensitive information such as health information, for example, in case you need special consideration in sitting the Victoria Police Entrance Exam. By ticking the box located in the acknowledgements section of the exam registration portal, you consent to ACER collecting, using, storing and disclosing your sensitive information as specified in this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of your personal information (including sensitive information)
ACER may disclose your personal information (including sensitive information) to:
- government or statutory bodies which have instigated the Victoria Police Entrance Exam or have an interest in the Aim;
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER in pursuing the Purpose from time to time;
- medical or other professionals for the purpose of assessing any sensitive information; and
- where ACER is required to do so by law, to government agencies, or individuals appointed by government, responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints connected with the Victoria Police Entrance Exam.
ACER will not transfer your personal information outside of Australia in pursuit of the Purpose.
ACER will abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You have the right to:
- inspect the your personal information;
- request amendment of your personal information; and
- make complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.
Important information regarding REMOTE PROCTORING.
If a candidate chooses to sit the exam by remote proctoring, the candidate (not ACER) will need to provide relevant Personal Information to a third party, Meazure Learning ProctorU Remote Proctor services (ACER’s current provider of remote proctoring services).
Meazure Learning is a company based in the United States. Personal Information provided to Meazure Learning by a candidate will be stored outside of Australia.